Friday, September 22, 2006

City of Angels

I caught City of Angels at Flower Mound Performing Arts Theatre last night. I may give a full review later (when I have my playbill in my hands), but for now, let me just say that if you can get tickets to one of the last three performances (Today, Tomorrow, and Sunday), you most definitely should.

I had been waiting for someone to mount this show. This was my first trip to FMPAT, so I was somewhat surprised at the size of the space. In fact, when we first walked in the theatre, I was very worried that the show would never work. I was wrong. I had always pictured this show on a full stage with things flying in and out and full sets. FMPAT's production should be a lesson to all local theatre companies that just about any show can be staged if you use some creativity.

No comments: