Saturday, June 21, 2008

Opening Night for Damn Yankees

Tonight was our first performance of Damn Yankees at Garland Summer Musicals. It went well. Especially for being the first time we have run the show without stopping at least once. We had to re-position in one of the dance numbers at the final Dress Rehearsal, and we had a dancer pass out after a particularly strenuous dance (coupled with the fact that he hadn't eaten much if at all Thursday and he hasn't been getting enough sleep because of rehearsals and his job duties).

I had a couple of people with whom I performed the past two years at GSM tell that they never knew I had such a great voice. I guess in the ensemble, we all blended together.

After all the hard work, it does seem a shame only to do six performances, but that's all GSM ever does.

I hope to see you at the show.

No comments: