Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Top 5 Shows I've Seen

Here are the 5 best shows I have seen in my life:

5. The Crucible - Snyder High School, U.I.L One-Act-Play State competition 1986

Snyder High School was a theatre juggernaut back in the 80's. This was the show that won First Place the year my alma mater made it to state. I mentioned that before here.

4. Cabaret - Watertower Theatre 2005

A good friend of mine, Lindsey Holloway, won a Leon Rabin Award for her portrayal of Fraulein Kost. The female Emcee worked much better than I thought it would. I'd like to do this show someday.

3. The King and I - Dallas Summer Musicals 1982 or '83

Yul Brynner's final tour.

2. The Producers - Dallas Summer Musicals 2005

I haven't laughed out loud as much in a long time. This show is extremely entertaining.

1. Wicked - Dallas Summer Musicals 2005

I don't like the happy ending that seems tacked on, but other than that, this is a wonderful show. The music is phenomenal, and the cast for the tour was terrific. The two leads sang the roles of Elphaba and Glinda even better than Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth did on the Soundtrack.

No comments: