Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Dream Shows/Dream Roles

I would love to see what shows & roles people are dying to do.  Please use comments to share yours.

If you aren't a performer, you can list shows you would love to see staged.

For me:

MUSICALS 

City of Angels (Buddy Fidler)
A Year with Frog and Toad (Toad)
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (I should get the chance for this one next spring)
The Music Man (Would love to play Harold Hill, but would be happy as Marcellus)
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Chicago
(Billy Flynn or Amos Hart)
Cabaret (Would love to play the Emcee if I ever get thin enough, if not, then Ernst)
1776
The Producers
(Max Bialystock, but would be happy with a number of roles)
Avenue Q (Brian)
SPAMalot (Sir Robin, King Arthur, or Patsy)
High Society

PLAYS

Mr. Roberts
Teahouse of the August Moon
Inherit the Wind
Death of a Salesman
Proof
The Glass Menagerie
The Importance of Being Earnest
Laughter on the 23rd Floor
Barefoot in the Park
The Prisoner of Second Avenue
Noises Off


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, some of these I just plain love, though in actuality are not anywhere in my voice range...But I'm going to ignore that simply because they are so great.

Guys and Dolls Sarah
The Scarlet Pimpernel Marguerite
Beauty and the Beast Belle
The Secret Garden Lilly (the role is a bit high)
42nd Street Dorothy Brock is a fun role, but I'm way too young still.
Jekyll and Hyde Emma
Jane Eyre Jane...though the role is totally alto.
Parade Lucille
Songs for a New World

I seem to want to do gut wrenchers.

Anonymous said...

A Year With Frog and Toad...again with frog and toad. You need professional help.