Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Death by Highlighter

I went through my script for The Odd Couple last night and highlighted my lines. All 457 of them.

I know a few people who think it's funny that I count the lines in the plays I do. I don't do it to see how many lines I have in comparison to others. I'm just the kind of person who likes to know that kind of thing.

Anyway, 457 lines is by far the most I've ever had. The next closest would be Chris Keller in All My Sons. If I remember correctly, that role was 304 lines. As Bobby Child in Crazy for You, I had a good number of lines and had to learn eleven songs and lots of dancing, but memorizing songs isn't nearly as difficult as memorizing dialogue. I believe I am up to this challenge, but I have to admit that I'm more than a little frightened by the enormity of the task.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh please... You have this nearly photographic memory! But boy, oh boy... Watch that paraphrasing... And no rewriting Mr. Simon this time...!