Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Now, It's Garbage

I was driving home from the second night of auditions for The Odd Couple. When I got two miles away from the theatre, my cell phone rang. The Director, Darlene Singleton, had told us that she would let us know quickly, but I was surprised that it was that soon. Darlene offered me the role of Oscar Madison. I, of course, accepted. She said if I came back to the theatre, I could go ahead and pick up my script. I thought it was a good idea because the part is HUGE.

None of the folks who appeared in Rumors with me in Rockwall auditioned for this show. I was surprised and disappointed. I'm looking forward to the challenge of this role. We start rehearsals with a read-through next Monday. Rehearsals only run four-and-a-half weeks before we open. It's gonna be intense.

No comments: